What did you find interesting about the history of the Sisters of Notre Dame?
What I found interesting about the history of the Sisters of Notre Dame is that they started out so little and grew so big. They joined together to spread the message of god, but ended up giving back the community in a much better way, schools. Whats intersting is also how many schools they started that are everywhere around the world. I also learned that the sisters do a great job dedicating their lives to education for girls.
What is something that you heard from the Alumnae Panel that stuck with you and why?
What stuck with me is how they panel still sees the spirit in the school, and as they walk the halls its as if they still go here. And another suprsing fact was a lot of them did not feel any stress, which is very different since I feel a lot of stress with all these classes and homework. They also told me not to worry about my future since it will go where it takes me which makes sense but honestly it's very hard to stop thinking about the future. But what's very cool to me was that one of the almnae said that not all tests will affect you and theres no point in beating yourself up over those, which really made sense to me.
What does it mean to you to be a part of the Notre Dame Community?
To be part of the Notre Dame Community to me means to be doing activities or just having that spirit in the school. Being kind to everyone makes you a part of the community since then everyone will be kind to you. Also the spirit at notre dame is really strong, so having that brings you closer to everyone at the school. Also, doing good things to the school even little thigns like throwing litter away or taking care of the school puts you very well in the community showing that you care about the community.
When you leave Notre Dame High School, what do you think are some values that will stay with you?
Some values that will stay with me is that sisterhood is very important, there are only so many friends you can get close to in the world and those friendships are important. What I also learned is that working hard gets you places, I worked really hard to get things and I learned that there will be a result if I put in the work. I also learned that they world is always revolving, and there are many issues new and old that come up so it's up to us to try and fix those in the world. One last thing that I will probably take away is that being myself is very important, you can only be truly happy when you are yourself and you have friends and people around you that support you. Issues or problems things are easier to fix if you do it together with others.
"Together." Together Quotes. Web. 04 May 2017.

No comments:
Post a Comment