- What did you learn about the original disciples from the group projects?
I learned the original disciples were learning about God. It was god who had chosen them to become more than just learners. Most of the disciples were fisherman, and were martyred for their faith in Jesus. Each disciple had at first a wavering faith, but as they sawm ore evidence that Jesus was actually the son of god, they began to have a stronger faith.
2. Which disciple did you find most interesting and why?
I found that St. Peter was the most interesting. This is because he was at first not very faithful. It took some time for Peter to realize that jesus was real, and that he had been chosen. I saw that jesus had in fact chosen Peter for a reason, as Peter had made many churches and preached. What I thought was also very interesting is the fact that Peter asked to be crucified upside-down, and not like how Jesus was, because he thought he was not worthy enough.
3. Based on what you learned, what are the characteristics of people who follow Christ?
Each characteristic is faithful, and in some way made an impact on christians. They each present a different story to who Jesus was, and Jesus's message. For example, many disciples were faithful even with instics of betraying jesus. However, some characteristics, like Judas, gave into sin and betrayed Jesus. It shows that disciples are not always perfect, but are chosen for a reason.
4. Do you feel that you display any of these characteristics? Why or why not?
In some ways I feel like I can present these characteristics of faith towards my gods. But, at the same time, I have to admit my faith can waver due to events that happen in my lifespan. Although I would never betray my gods, I have done sin, or things that I regret in my life. But, all these different characteristics show that one can become stronger with the help of god.

No comments:
Post a Comment